To Stop the Decline in Our Standard of Living...
Wages, pensions, Social Security and benefits should all get immediate and sizeable increases so every one of us can have an adequate income.
Everyone who works should have a decent wage.
- There should be no such thing as two-tier wages — people getting less pay for doing the same work.
- There should be no such thing as temporary, part-time and contract work for people who want a full time job. Those are tricks to lower wages.
Pensions and Social Security should be set so we can live normal lives after all the years we put in to make this society run.
Disability payments, unemployment and other benefits should all be set so we can recover and find our way back to work.
And our income needs to be indexed — tied directly to prices.
- When real prices go up, our wages, Social Security, disability payments and benefits should all go up an equivalent amount — and immediately.
The bosses can easily afford it, every bit of it.
- Corporate profits grew 166% since 2008, weekly wages less than 4%.
Take the money the capitalists have been hoarding — it's enough to give everyone the wage increase we need.
We Need a Working Class Policy, a Working Class Fight!
- To Stop the Decline in Our Standard of Living...